Villa Grismondi Finardi
13 September 2017
Located close to the city center of Bergamo, Villa Grismondi Finardi was first built as a country house. Its current name is linked to two noble families: the Grismondi, who inhabited the mansion during the eighteenth century, and the Finardi, who own the estate since the middle of 1800. Between 1855 and 1858, architect Giacomo Bianconi dedicated himself to a restoration work that determines the current look of the house, with sober exteriors and lavishly decorated interiors. The architect also designed the wide park, characterized by a nineteenth-century English plant, and fenced a century later after the construction of Quartiere Finardi.