Architect Franco Raggi was born in Milan in 1945.
Editor of Casabella magazine and executive editor of design MODE.
In 1973 he collaborated to the organization of the International Section Architecture of XVa Triennale of Milan and cared for the IDZ Berlin the first criticic exhibition of avant-garde on the Italian Radical Design.
He collaborated to the organization of the Visual Arts and Architecture Section of the Venice Biennale from 1975 to 1976.
Responsible for the Design Collection at the Milan Triennale in 1980 and in 1989 of the design section in Show “The future of the metropolis.”
In 1980 he opened his studio of Architecture with Daniela Puppa and Alberto Meda.
He designed objects, lamps and furniture for various companies, including: Fontana Arte, Cappellini, Poltronova, Roset France, Luceplan, Barovier & Toso, Artemis, Zeus, Danese.
He deals with Architecture, Design, Writing and Drawing.
He teaches Interior Architecture at ISIA in Florence.
His works are in the collections of the FRAC Museum of Orléans, of the Design Museum of the Triennale di Milano and of the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
His ON-OFF lamp, designed with the collaboration of (Alberto) Meda and (Denis) Santachiara is in the permanent design collection of the MOMA in New York. He lives and works in Milan.